SMARKTEC Billet & Slab Marker
Single Nozzle Robotic Marking Station
The SMARKTEC Billet & Slab Robot Marker is designed to mark OCR and 2D data-matrix codes with paint directly on the face of the hot billet (temperature up to 1,100ºC).
This marking solution is based on a 6 axis robot that uses one or two nozzle marking heads. The robot is fully integrated in the factory’s automation and works unattended except for programmed maintenance or specific manual tasks, reducing traceability mistakes.
The high quality and consistency of the mark makes it possible to use machine vision systems for automatic data capturing systems and traceability. The vision systems can be used in addition to make an automatic measurement of the billet’s rhombus.
The main features of the SMARKTEC Billet Marking Robot are the following:
- High temperature paints (up to 1,100ºC)
- Compact and robust design that stands radiation and enables consistent repetitive cycles
- High visibility of the mark
- High mechanical accuracy that enables quality and uniform marking for automatic data capturing
- Robust traceability: Direct marking on the surface of the billet eliminates the use of hanging tags, reducing the risk to lose traceability
- Automation of the print head cleaning process
- Automatic 2D data-matrix printing directly on the surface of the billet
- Automatic verification of 2D codes after marking
- Optional rhombus measurement using advanced vision algorithms
- Reduces traceability mistakes due to automation
Optionally, the robot can be equipped with the SMARKLase option. This option is designed to mark OCR characters, 2D data-matrix codes and logos directly on the face of the hot billets.
The marking is done in two steps: first, the spray nozzle applies a white band on the billet and, second, the laser unit marks the message received from Level 2.
The main advantage of this technology is that it can be used to mark a lot of information on small sections of the billets. This technology is very useful when there is no guarantee that the surface of the billet will be well cut.